As AI technology advances and becomes more prevalent in the workplace, it’s important to understand what types of jobs it can replace. According to an MIT and Boston University report, AI is expected to replace as many as two million manufacturing workers by 2025. “Our evidence … ChatGPT may be coming for our jobs”. What jobs would AI replace? This article provides a quick overview of the 10 roles that AI is most likely to replace.
What Jobs Would AI Replace?
According to the World Intelligence Congress, AI, virtual personal assistants, and chatbots will replace almost 69% of the manager’s workload by 2030. AI technology is also expected to replace certain jobs, such as customer service roles, that are replaced with digital labour. Artificial intelligence (AI) could replace the equivalent of 300 million full-time jobs, a report by investment bank Goldman Sachs says. Here are the 10 roles that AI is most likely to replace:
- Telemarketing – AI-enabled chatbots are used in the telemarketing industry to interact with customers, respond to queries, and provide product or service information.
- Bookkeeping Clerks – AI-powered software is used for bookkeeping and accounting tasks to automate the process of data entry and analysis.
- Compensation and Benefits Managers – AI can be used to manage employee benefits, calculate payroll, and create reports.
- Receptionists – AI-powered chatbots can handle customer inquiries, book appointments, and even manage customer databases.
- Couriers – Autonomous vehicles are being developed to deliver packages, which could replace the need for human couriers.
- Proofreaders – AI-powered software can be used to detect spelling and grammar mistakes quickly and efficiently.
- Computer Programmers – AI-powered software can be used to create complex computer programs without the need for human programmers.
- Data Analysts – AI can be used to analyze large amounts of data quickly and accurately.
- Medical Diagnosticians – AI-powered software can be used to diagnose medical conditions quickly and accurately.
- Stock Traders – AI-powered software can be used to analyze the stock market and make decisions about buying and selling stocks.
As AI technology continues to evolve and become more prevalent in the workplace, it’s important to understand what types of jobs it can replace. The 10 roles listed above are some of the most likely to be impacted by AI in the near future. For more information and answers to AI questions, check out Artificial Technology.
Which jobs will be taken over by AI?
Speculation about artificial intelligence replacing humans has been around for a long time. This includes professions such as mathematicians, interpretators and translators, poets, lyricists, creative writers, web designers, news analysts, reporters, and journalists.
Which occupations cannot be automated by artificial intelligence?
Jobs such as those of plumbers, electricians and HVAC technicians are not in danger of being replaced by AI. For instance, a plumber needs to go to different locations to install plumbing or repair pipes.
Which occupations are most vulnerable to AI?
For your next job interview, it is important to be prepared as it may be judged by an AI. Research suggests that office-support staff, lawyers, and engineers are more likely to be affected by this than those in construction, maintenance, or cleaning roles.
Will AI eventually take over jobs that are currently done by humans?
AI has been designed to automate certain processes and tasks, providing a faster and more effective way of doing work. However, human input is still essential in the workplace, and AI cannot completely take its place. This article will explore why human involvement is still necessary in today’s professional environments.